Call us on
1300 747 937

Useful Links

Other Assistive Technology Programs in Australia 


Australian Hearing Service 

Australian Hearing provides world leading research and hearing services for the wellbeing of all Australians. There's a reason we're Australia's leading hearing specialists - because we're all about working with you to get the most out of everything hearing related

Chemtronics Biomedical Engineering 

Chemtronics Biomedical Engineering is an operating division of Cabrini Health Limited, a not for profit healthcare provider. Chemtronics Biomedical Engineering offers a range of technical solutions for the repair, maintenance and calibration of medical equipment. This is provided in line with Australian Standards, in particular AS/NZS 3551:2012.  

Consumer Affairs Victoria (CAV)

Should you have an issue with a tradesman or company and feel that you have been treated unlawfully, Consumer Affairs Victoria will investigate your claim objectively and help you to resolve the situation.

Continence Aids Payment Scheme (CAPS)

Helps people aged 5 years or more who have permanent and severe incontinence to meet some of the costs of incontinence products. 

Continence Foundation of Australia

The Continence Foundation of Australia is the national peak body promoting bladder and bowel health. Our vision is to have a community free of the stigma and restrictions of incontinence.

Continence Resource Centre

The Victorian Continence Resource Centre (VCRC) is a not for profit organisation managed by Continence Foundation of Australia, Victoria (CFA Victoria). CFA is the peak body for promoting continence and the management of incontinence through its activities of education, advocacy and research.

Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA)

Assistance provided as compensation for war service and defence caused injury or disease for veterans, war widows, and dependents. Items available include aids for disability living and self help aids.

Disability Services Division - Department of Health & Human Services

Provides financial assistance, accommodation options, community involvment and other supports and services for people with a disability, their families and carers.

Electronic Communication Device Scheme (ECDS)

The Victorian Aids and Equipment Program's Electronic Communication Devices Scheme is a state-wide service which supports people with disability, who have no speech or speech that is difficult to understand, buy speech generating devices and software. The Scheme can also support the purchase of specialised AT items to make it physically easier to use speech-generating devices.

Hearing Education and Aural Rehabilitation (HEAR) (Victorian Deaf Society)

Provides information about hearing and hearing loss, a display of assistive devices, hearing assessment, hearing aid fitting for people on low incomes, consumer advice on hearing aids and aural rehabilitation both in groups and individually. Also provides tinnitus counselling and community education programs.



Housing.vic.gov.au is managed by the Victorian Department of Health & Human Services. The DHHS is a Victorian Government department that plans, funds and delivers community and housing services.

ILC Independent Living Centres Australia - Yooralla

The Independent Living Centres Australia (ILCA) is a collective organisation with members in each Australian State and the ACT. They are all not for profit organisations.

Independent Living Centre (ILC) provides an information and hiring service of specialised AT items for short term need or trial before purchase.

Each State organisation assists a wide range of people from all walks of life. Consumers include older people who wish to remain independent in their homes for as long as possible, as well as children and adults with a disability.

Colostomy Association of Victoria Inc.

The Colostomy Association of Victoria, also known as CAV or COLOVIC in a not-for-profit, non-goverment self-help organisation formed in 1959.  One important service our volunteers provide is the management of the monthly order that each member places for stoma appliances and medical pharmaceuticals. 

Motor Neurone Disease Association Victoria

Provides assistance to people with Motor Neurone Disease.

Multi-Purpose Taxi Program

Victorian Taxi Directorate provides a 50 % discount on taxi fares, up to a maximum of $60 per trip, for permanently and severely disabled people. Some people may have a yearly limit.

Personal Alert Victoria

Provides a 24 hour personal response service meeting the needs of frail aged, disabled and at risk consumers and their families. For further information contact Mt Eliza Personal Response Service or Safety Link Personal Response Service or for general information contact the Independent Living Centre.

Public Hospitals 

Provide items required for in-patients and items required for discharge. For further information contact your nearest public hospital.

Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital

People who have an eye condition or disease and require eye care requiring low cost glasses and eye examinations.

Bolton Clarke (Royal District Nursing Service - RDNS)

RDNS is now known as Bolton Clarke. For further information contact Bolton Clarke.

Royal Guide Dogs Association of Australia 

Provides AT items including long canes, electronic aids, low vision aids and seeing dogs for people who are blind or have a visual impairment.

Technical Aids for the Disabled

Solve Disability Solutions designs and manufactures specialised, customised AT items for people with disabilities.

Transition Care Program

(TCP) Is a Commonwealth/State funded program that targets older people at the conclusion of a hospital admission. TCP is delivered in an older person's home or within a facility able to provide bed based services such as a residential aged care facility or supported residential service. In some instances TCP will be delivered in a specified unit on a hospital site. However wherever TCP is delivered it is not an admitted service.

Transport Accident Commission

(TAC) Provides AT items required for effective rehabilitation following transport accidents.


Administers the Aids and Equipment Program's Fire Alarm Subsidy Scheme and provides support for people with a hearing impairment.

Vision Australia Foundation 

Provides subsidies on a range of AT items for people with a vision impairment.

© 2021 State-wide Equipment Program (SWEP). All rights reserved.
Staff Login    Privacy Policy    Disclaimer    Contact Us    Website by 61 Design