Call us on
1300 747 937

Applying for Supported Accommodation Equipment Assistance Scheme

How do I apply?

Your house supervisor will arrange for you to be assessed by an appropriate Assisitve Technology (AT) Practitioner from your local area (physiotherapist, occupational therapist, or similar) who will help you determine the most suitable AT item or modification needed. This includes an assessment of whether you or your carer can safely use the AT item. Your AT Practitioner will complete the online documents that are relevant according to the type of AT item or modification that is needed.

What happens when the assessment is done?

Once the assessment is completed, your AT Practitioner will submit the application and supporting documents to SWEP electronically on your behalf.

What happens when the application has been processed?

Once your application has been processed SWEP will contact you to let you know what happens next. Reissued AT items are provided where possible. If reissue AT items or funds are not available immediately the application may need to go on a waiting list.


For more details, please see our SAEAS FAQ section.

© 2021 State-wide Equipment Program (SWEP). All rights reserved.
Staff Login    Privacy Policy    Disclaimer    Contact Us    Website by 61 Design