Applying for Vehicle Modification Subsidy Scheme

How do I apply?

You will need to be assessed by a SWEP registered Occupational Therapist. If your assessment is for driving modifications, your prescriber will also need to be a VicRoads Accredited OT Driver Assessor. This includes an assessment of whether you or your carer can safely use the equipment. Your health professional will complete the online forms that are relevant according to the type of equipment or modification that is needed.

What happens when the assessment is done?

Once the assessment is completed, your healthcare professional will submit the application and supporting documents to SWEP electronically on your behalf.

What happens when the application has been processed?

Once your application has been processed SWEP will contact you to let you know what happens next. If funds are not available immediately the application may need to go on a waiting list.


For more details, please see our VMSS FAQ section.

© 2015 State-wide Equipment Program (SWEP). All rights reserved.
Staff Login    Privacy Policy    Disclaimer    Contact Us    Website by 61 Design